Akurra Demo Update
A big update is here! Many things have been improved from art to quality of life features. Please check it out and let us know what you think in the comments!
- Fixed issues with windowed mode and resizing windows.
- Various bug fixes.
- Options screen with volume control and some window settings added to file select and pause menus.
- The ability to add flags to the map has been added.
- Windowed mode is now constrained to pixel perfect, 16:9 aspect ratios, with a minimum size of the game's native resolution 384 x 216.
- Hotkey added to ending screen that opens the Akurra Steam page.
- Item pathing system has been reworked. This should fix several small issues.
- Other backend improvements.
- Holding push now allows the player to push blocks much faster.
- After dying, the room almost immediately goes back to the previous state instead of a full reset.
- Undo now happens on key press instead of key release to match other inputs, and can be done much more quickly. After pressing undo, the key can be held to rapidly step through multiple undo states after a short delay.
- Stone god screen: Right side green key puzzle tweaked to make the two solutions work better for their intended purposes. Casual players will have an easier time setting up the intended default solution that requires pushing the right most wood block down to be broken, while the alternative solution still allows skipping pushing the wood block down, making it a fast / easy solution but harder for new / casual players to see. It also teaches that stonies can push stone blocks.
- Added stone block introductions to Stone D2 and C2.
- Stone D1 updated.
- The lithophone music puzzle now provides 3 stars.
- All music notes are now required to complete the puzzle. Music notes count towards the item collection %.
- Updated big bell to only require two boss keys.
- Speedrunning tech overhaul.
- Background added to file select screen.
- Screen transitions when loading and quitting the game added.
- 9 Dot puzzle clue revamped.
- Tileset updates, animated tiles added.
- Various Art updates.
*Note: Unfortunately due to an issue with GameMaker, this update is not immediately available for Linux. Apparently the issue is fixed internally by YoYo Games, and will be available with their next update of GameMaker.